Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes crippling pain and fatigue throughout the body. The disorder affects more than 3 million people every year in the United States. Fibromyalgia is very common however, there is no cure. The disorder is complicated but it can be treated in many ways. When people go to their doctors for treatment options, they are usually prescribed a pain medication and/or anti-depressant to help the body cope with the pain and fatigue. However, these treatments options can cause many negative side effects that could potentially make the situation worse. Acupuncture therapy, on the other hand, has no side effects and is a way to help the body naturally relieve the pain and fatigue caused by Fibromyalgia.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms as a result of Fibromyalgia, then acupuncture therapy can help your body naturally cope with the disorder:
· Chronic muscle pain, muscle spasms, or tightness
· Fatigue and decreased energy
· Stiffness upon waking or after staying in one position for long periods of time
· Difficulty remembering and concentrating
· Abnormal digestive system issues
· Facial tenderness
· Sensitivity to one or more of the following: odors, noise, bright lights, medications, certain foods, and cold
· Feeling anxious or depressed
· Numbness or tingling in the face, arms, hands, legs, or feet
· Increase in urinary urgency or frequency
· Reduced tolerance for exercise and muscle pain after exercise
· A feeling of swelling in the hands and feet where no swelling exists
If you have fibromyalgia then you should know that there are more treatment options available than medication alone. Acupuncture therapy has shown amazing results for those that deal with Fibromyalgia and would like to relieve the pain naturally.
If you have any questions about acupuncture, please don’t hesitate to call us at 732-800-0006. We’ll be happy to answer all of your questions!